and now it's cassie's turn. i met sassafras in ecuador and fell in love with her when we were assigned to make our first sunday dinner together. cassie and i sometimes joke about when we first met. we had assigned seats next to each other on our flight from salt lake to texas. cassie remembers our conversation very well, but i do not. maybe because i was a walking zombie from exhaustion. apparently it went something like this...
cassie: hi i'm cassie, what's your name again?
me: uh, paige
cassie: nice to meet you! where are you from?
me: yep
after which i turned the other way and immediately fell asleep. oops. good thing she doesn't hate me because of my behavior during our first encounter. sorry cass. aaaanyways, i love her a lot. i'm probably gonna marry her brother just so i can be her sister forever. but, uh, here she is to tell us about why she loves her sweet oregon. listen up.
Oregon, oh beautiful and perfect Beaverton Oregon. I am having a hard time deciding where to begin. Just for starters I would like to point out that Portland is exactly one hour from the beach and one hour from the mountain. The best of both worlds. Some call me crazy but I believe Oregon has the best weather. Yes, it rains majority of the days out of the year but July and August are sure to please when the sun decides to poke through.
Fall is my most favorite time of year though, I have never seen anything more beautiful then when the trees start changing in Oregon, my best and fondest childhood memories stem from that. It doesn't matter where I am, but whenever it rains I find a strange comfort in it. I love the city of Portland. Yes, I'm biased but I have never been to a city with so much heart and loyalty. There is an endless list of activities to do there, you could never get bored.
The people are also very different, there is a definite style and a strange amount of happiness. It could have something to do with being at sea level and having an unnecessary supply of oxygen or it could be due to the fact that every house you pass has their eco friendly recycling bin neatly organized laying out to be picked up.
I love that I grew up in a rather large suburb, but it still felt like a small town. There are shopping malls everywhere, and endless boutiques. In high school I loved going to concerts downtown, walking the waterfront on sunny days, or having a bbq with all the neighbors when the ducks played. You can't drive more then a mile without seeing a park, a school, a subaru, or a blazer jersey. I love going to the garden or roses and looking out at all the tops of the buildings, or spending an afternoon getting lost in the biggest Powells book store, or going to the Rose Garden and watching my Blazers play.
There will never be anywhere that I will consider more of a home then I do with Portland. My heart will forever remain embed in the 503.
cassie: hi i'm cassie, what's your name again?
me: uh, paige
cassie: nice to meet you! where are you from?
me: yep
after which i turned the other way and immediately fell asleep. oops. good thing she doesn't hate me because of my behavior during our first encounter. sorry cass. aaaanyways, i love her a lot. i'm probably gonna marry her brother just so i can be her sister forever. but, uh, here she is to tell us about why she loves her sweet oregon. listen up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oregon, oh beautiful and perfect Beaverton Oregon. I am having a hard time deciding where to begin. Just for starters I would like to point out that Portland is exactly one hour from the beach and one hour from the mountain. The best of both worlds. Some call me crazy but I believe Oregon has the best weather. Yes, it rains majority of the days out of the year but July and August are sure to please when the sun decides to poke through.
Fall is my most favorite time of year though, I have never seen anything more beautiful then when the trees start changing in Oregon, my best and fondest childhood memories stem from that. It doesn't matter where I am, but whenever it rains I find a strange comfort in it. I love the city of Portland. Yes, I'm biased but I have never been to a city with so much heart and loyalty. There is an endless list of activities to do there, you could never get bored.
The people are also very different, there is a definite style and a strange amount of happiness. It could have something to do with being at sea level and having an unnecessary supply of oxygen or it could be due to the fact that every house you pass has their eco friendly recycling bin neatly organized laying out to be picked up.
I love that I grew up in a rather large suburb, but it still felt like a small town. There are shopping malls everywhere, and endless boutiques. In high school I loved going to concerts downtown, walking the waterfront on sunny days, or having a bbq with all the neighbors when the ducks played. You can't drive more then a mile without seeing a park, a school, a subaru, or a blazer jersey. I love going to the garden or roses and looking out at all the tops of the buildings, or spending an afternoon getting lost in the biggest Powells book store, or going to the Rose Garden and watching my Blazers play.
There will never be anywhere that I will consider more of a home then I do with Portland. My heart will forever remain embed in the 503.



No comments:
Post a Comment