Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a little bit of lately

i haven't blogged in like three days or something. and i don't really have an excuse, except for i've been busy and not in the blogging mood. three of our girls leave friday morning, and we're getting five new volunteers on thursday night. i'm not sure how i feel about it. i don't like saying goodbye. amber leaving was hard enough. and now i have to do it all over again. i'm not a fan of that. it's weird to realize that after we leave, the program still continues. i don't know, it's just weird to think about it. so tomorrow is our banquet. yay for dinner at a fancy hotel, a slideshow, "more holiness give me" by brianne and me, and lots of tears. 

all the fruit and vegetables here i have to be bleached and rinsed, so this morning i had to do the food bleaching with caitlin. wanna see?









so that was enjoyable, besides the fact that my hands still smell like bleach. maybe i'll wash them, again. also i think lately i've been too distracted. so i've decided to say goodbye to facebook, twitter, skype, and the "world" for awhile, and just focus on being here, and the work i'm doing. because it makes me really happy.

have a happy week, all :)

1 comment:

  1. Man I bet you're still having Amber withdrawals. I know that if I had to live in Ecuador after I left, I would die :) Well, godspeed little one. We shall be reunited soon enough. And, uh, God be with you til we meet again...I think I heard that somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete